Creative Types Hang Out With Creative Types!
If you want to be more of something, immerse yourself in it .Creative types need other creative people to stir them on - some more than others, but EVERYONE needs the community of others to foster individual growth. It's a human condition!
|For over a year I have looked at this photo to remind me you don't need to be complicated to be creative! Its just simple fun, but works for me http://www.wwwearables.com/patterns/wall-hangings/catsville.htm|
If you want to be a football star, hang out with other big burly guys or quick sprinter dudes who like leather balls that go from side to side. :->
If you want to sing in the opera, your spare time won't work for you in the casino.
Where and with whom you associate has a lot to do with how creative you think.
You Are What You Eat!
Creative people foster creativity through association. The more you read, listen to, talk with and observe other creative people, the more you encourage your own imagination and challenge your comfort zone.
No one is an island and we sharpen our skills through the community of others. If you are having any blocks or creative listlessness, it often helps to:
- visit an art museum
- take an online workshop
- take a community workshop on a creative topic
- watch shows on TV that teach creative skills or demonstrate others creativity
- loan out some books from the library on art forms in your genre - or those completely outside it.
- call a friend who shares a love for creativity and have coffee, share idea, look at projects, plan to work on something together even!
- grab your camera, go to the park or any public space and let the activities of others awaken your creativity - especially children.
- Really listen to a great series of music - pay attention to the creative use of space, time, and interplay.
Got some creative inspiration tips? We only scratched the surface here - what do you do to get your mojo going?
Here are a couple other articles you might find helpful.
Are You A Creative Type?
Creative Types - 30 Seconds to Bliss
Check back tomorrow for TUESDAY TIPS - for resources to help you on your creative journey.
You can Subscribe to this blog for creative inspiration from the subscribe icon on the right hand column.(Either by email close to the top of the page, or by Reader in the middle of the page)